Entersekt is an innovator in transaction authentication. Young and dynamic, inspired by the power of a pioneering security system, and supported by sure-footed investors, we have in six years moved rapidly to fill an important niche in the provision of online security globally.
Our goal is, quite simply, to deliver gold standard user authentication: innovative products, built on a rock-solid security platform, that allow financial institutions and other enterprises to communicate interactively with their customers through that ubiquitous device, the mobile phone.
Our approach harnesses the power of digital certificate technology with the convenience of mobile phones to provide organizations and their customers or employees with full protection from account takeover fraud. With our solutions authenticating millions of transactions globally each day, not one of our clients has experienced a successful phishing attack on their systems.
- Founded by Christiaan Brand, Dewald Nolte, Niel Müller, and Altus van Tonder
- Established first office, outside Cape Town, South Africa
- Schalk Nolte joins as CEO
- Blue Label Telecoms and Old Mutual become customers; Nedbank relationship established
- Certified by Visa
- First retail banking implementation at Nedbank
- Selected as one of the ten most innovative security companies in the world at the RSA Conference in San Francisco
- Offices opened in London, UK
- Certified by MasterCard and American Express
- Seventy percent of the South African retail banking market captured
- Finalist in the UK IT Industry Awards (Security Innovation) and the SESAMES Awards (IT Security)
- Offices opened in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Recipient of the Frost and Sullivan South Africa Technology Leadership Award in Mobile Security
- Nedbank App Suite wins MTN Business App of the Year 2013 (Best Consumer App on Android)
- Offices opened in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Patent awarded by United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Transakt certified as a FIDO Ready™ U2F token